Three-year-olds are fun, so much independence is gained in that year from three to four! Sweetheart has started doing so many things on her own, including getting herself dressed in the morning. She loves to pick out her own outfits and refuses to let me help.

Unfortunately, while the developing independence is awesome, some things have not yet been learned, like why a bright red Fourth of July shirt may not be the best choice beneath a breezy blue sun dress, and that the brown hoodie and pink high tops might not exactly match.

Or that while a pink swimsuit with purple pants and a Hello Kitty necklace might be comfy and might just mean that you are ready for anything, they are probably not be the best choices for a wintery afternoon when you are going nowhere near a pool.

She has even started applying her own makeup. She is loving the smoky eye look right now.
So while this is really cute, a part of me has been looking forward to when she grows out of this stage and lets me help again, or at least learns to match a little bit better. Then one night I was reading through my favorite trashy magazine (yes, I read one particular trashy magazine, and I'm too embarrassed to tell you which one) and I came across some pictures in the fashion section that made me think. These are not the same pictures, but they give you an idea of what I saw:



Huh. I think my girl has a real future as a fashonista!
1 comment:
I think Leeannan looks fabulous! I love it when my girls pick out their own outfits.
Post a Comment