Marquis's parents took the little girls to a wedding reception, so Marquis and I took the opportunity to go on a date. We need to do that more, we had so much fun! When we got back and the parents were dropping off the girls I was joking around with them about my hot date, and Sweetheart said, "Yeah, and I just had a warm date."
Earlier that same day I was talking to Sweetheart about the wedding reception she would be going to, that there would be a girl there that was dressed like a princess, and she is called the bride. The rest of the day Sweetheart kept talking about going to meet the Princess Bride. No matter how much I told her this was a different lady from the movie, she insisted it was the Princess Bride.
One morning while looking through her dresser I asked her what she wanted to wear. Her reply? "Clothes." Thanks a lot, Sweetheart.
We were having burgers for dinner, and I was mixing the meat and the spices with my hands and so couldn't really do anything else. Princess was crying because she was hungry. Marquis was trying to help as much as he could until I was free, and I jokingly said to Marquis, "Come on, just nurse her already!" Sweetheart said, looking confused, "Nuh, uh, he doesn't have any boobs. He's Daddy."
For dinner another night I made biscuits and gravy, but I was a little frazzled that day and somehow forgot to put the baking powder in the biscuits. (I promise, I am usually a much better cook!) I still served the bricks to my family and they were (barely) edible, but as she was eating Sweetheart said, with a big smile on her face, "This is kind of yucky to eat, Mom." Sad to say there is no way I could disagree!
No comments:
Post a Comment