Friday, July 5, 2013

Preschool Graduation


This quite easily is the cutest graduate of all time. 


She worked so hard on her part and definitely had it memorized. For a moment, though, I thought she would be too shy to deliver it when she finally had the mic in hand, but after a little pause she did it like a champ. A very quiet, timid champ, but she did it! Hooray!


Here she is, ready to make the walk. She had the best teachers, love those ladies!


One very early morning about a month before school ended, I was lying in bed trying to pretend that my alarm hadn't just gone off. From the girls' room I suddenly heard Sweetheart singing, "A, B, C, D, E, F, G..." She was singing the alphabet song in her sleep! 


A year ago Sweetheart didn't know all her letters. She couldn't count to 10, she didn't know shapes and the only color she could consistently get right was pink.


And today? Today she is reading! She can count way more than 10, colors are a breeze and every time we stop at a stop sign she shouts out, "Octagon!"


I will be forever grateful for what this preschool has done for my girl!

No comments: